Monday, November 23, 2015

The Frozen Chosen



Hello everyone! Happy Monday, Sunday, whatever day it is where you are, Happy Day to you! Who's got their stretchy pants ready for Thanksgiving? They don't celebrate it here so eat a lot of pumpkin pie for me!





Ponderizing scripture this week is Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.
I love this scripture so much! Who doesn't want everlasting love? When I read this I thought about all the people in the world I love and how much love I have for them. Then I thought how the love I feel for people isn't anything compared to the love Heavenly Father has for us. Then it's not just love but an everlasting love. That's the kind of love I want to have for people. 

Funny highlights:
Because sushi is the best!
This week we went to a members house for lunch. Every time we go over there she has so many little snacks and treats to give us so I was curious to see what lunch would be like. Oh my goodness did she have so much food! In Japan you eat everything you're given, you just do. So there we where eating that food. We were almost done when she starts making another soup. Let's just say we didn't need to eat for dinner or breakfast. I'm thankful for the fact that I have food to eat and that I'm not going hungry. I'm also thankful for members giving us hungry missionaries food. They are the best! :)

Lastly this morning when we checked the weather it said it was going to be 3C degrees (about 37 F). That's cold! I was putting my coat on to come email when I hear Sister Nishiyama yell "Everyone be careful, today is VERY COLD!" The way she said it was so funny. I love her English too much.

This week has been too good! Too much goodness for one email so I'll tell you the highlights.


I got to see the Dearest Kuta Shimai, one of my MTC companions!
On Saturday we had Zone Conference. President Nakatsuka gave a really good workshop that I will never forget. The Japan Sapporo Mission nickname is the "Frozen Chosen". There was a slide in his PowerPoint that said "We are Frozen Chosen".

Then we talked about our calling to Japan. How Heavenly Father chose his strong and able to come here. Being a missionary in Japan is hard. There's a saying here "for every door you knock on there's a baptism in Brazil". But God knew we could do it. He knew we were smart enough to learn the hard Japanese language. He knew we could handle finding all day long with out talking to anyone. He knew we could do it. Then someone said a long time ago that Japan isn't just the land of the Rising Sun but the land of the rising church. It's so true. The members here are the best. All of them are so strong.

President went around the room and asked all the Japanese missionaries how old their parent were when they joined the church. Everyone one of them has convert parents. Then the Nakatsukas shared their ages. It's amazing to see how they are so willing to accept the gospel. To love it!


The Domon Family! And the Moiwa Missionaries!
Last night we went to a members house for dinner and for the spiritual message he had us all share why we served a mission and then the parents of the family shared theirs. Everyone's reason was different but we all had one thing in common. Love. Because we love the gospel, Christ, our families, we became missionaries.

Lastly yesterday we had stake conference. President Nakatsuka gave a talk and at the beginning of his talk he had all the missionaries stand up and sing the mission song. It was so powerful!! The church is true everyone. If it wasn't I wouldn't feel the spirit the way I do. I wouldn't smile from ear to ear when I see the old lady on the back row singing along to "I am a Child of God" with the choir, or when someone bears their testimony and not a dry eye is found. It's true, I know it's true!

Thanksgiving is almost here which means my Thanksgiving challenge is almost over! So
40 tortillas from a member of the ward
here's the end of the challenge. On Thanksgiving day take some personal time and get a piece of paper. Say a prayer and then write down all the things you're thankful for. It might be hard at first but I promise things will come to you. Then where you're done pray again and thank Heavenly Father for everything he has given you. I did this last year and it made me realize all the things I am really thankful for. How much everlasting love God has for me. Try it and you will see! :) 
I love you! 
ゾリンジャ姉妹
(Zoringa Shimai)





Hi Nana! I got your package! It was hand delivered at Zone Conference!
Everyone asked why I got pajamas and giggled at me a little bit but
after I explained the tradition they all loved it! Thank you so much
Nana! Question, can I open them on Thanksgiving here for Thanksgiving
there? ;) I love you!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment