Monday, November 30, 2015

Ebetsu!!

Hello!

Beautiful Hokkaido snow
How was everyone's thanksgiving? Don't worry I got some pumpkin in my dinner so it kind of resembled thanksgiving. This last week was transfers! I'm no longer in training! I was transferred to a new area! My new area is right outside of Sapporo though. It's Ebetsu! It's super pretty here but it's a lot smaller than Moiwa which is right in the heart of Sapporo. My first night here we were walking back to the apartment and everyone I said hi to said hi back. That never happened in Moiwa! They don't see as many foreigners here so they get super excited when they see one. My new Companion is Sister Rigall. She's the best! Her Japanese is crazy good. Everyone thinks she's Japanese until they see her and realize she's gaijin.
 
This weeks ponderizing scripture is 3 Nephi 22:14 
"In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee".
 
In life it's really hard not to have a lot of fears. I know I have a ton, but having those fears doesn't do anything for us it just brings us down. I love the promise in this scripture that if you're righteous you have no need to fear because they will all be swept away.
 
Funny highlights: on Monday Sister Kempner and I were visiting a member in the ward. It was getting kind late but we live super close to her so we didn't worry too much about it. But before we knew it we had maybe 5 minutes to get home. So there we went sprinting in the freezing cold back to our apartment. We made it inside right on time though! It was a miracle. But the cold killed our lungs so we were coughing and wheezing like crazy people. It was great! 

Sister Rigall
My second night with Sister Rigall we were finding and then we started to hear the potato truck. She had always wanted one and like Sister Kempner it was an unspoken mission goal. When we were walking back to get on the train and come home we saw the flashing lights of the truck and then next thing I know Sister Rigall is saying I want one and we're go running through the ice and snow towards this truck. I don't know how but I always end up running after this truck with my companions. Yay for accomplishing mission goals! Seriously the best potato! 


 Goodbye Odori apartment. Goodbye Sato Shimai, Nishiyama Shimai, and Sister Kempner
This week has been crazy! I'm not going to lie it was super hard to leave Moiwa. I made some really good friendships with people there. But I was greeted with a really warm welcome in Ebetsu. All the members came up and talked to me. There aren't as many members here so I'm really going to work on remembering everyone's names. I'm super excited to work here. It's so funny how you can love people so easily when your a missionary. I never would have guessed I would love Moiwa as much as I do, as quickly as I did. But I never ever would have guessed how quickly I would love Ebetsu. Japan is amazing! The members are so nice and loving no matter where you go they welcome you love you and care for you. I have a lot to learn from the people here!
 
I love you all! I hope you're singing Christmas songs because I am!
 
愛してるよ!
(I love you)

ゾリンジャ姉妹
(Zoringa Shimai) 
This is Iida Shimai! She's so cute! She always prints pictures for the missionaries. Every time she sees us she gets the biggest smile on her face!
Oda Shimai! She's the best member ever! She does so much for the missionaries!

Transfer Spot! All the people I came to Japan with!

No comments:

Post a Comment