Monday, June 20, 2016

May Flowers bring June Showers

Good Morning America!
 

How is everyone doing? I'm still inside while the sky is dropping the ocean on this earth. Let me tell you about the weather this week.

Monday: Rain
Tuesday: Rain Wednesday: Rain Thursday: Rain with the accompaniment of a .6, 6. , 6 (not sure where the point goes.. But yes 6) earthquake Friday: Rain Saturday: Sahara Desert Sunday: Sunny Sky. (They don't call it the day of rest just for us)
The earthquake was defiantly scary. Everyone is all okay though. It was really big. Could feel and hear the building shake. It lasted a good 30 seconds or so. I was sitting in a hospital helping these
grandmas make candy baskets when it hit. They all freaked out and yelled "earthquake". Scary stuff but it will still never beat the last one when I was in an interview with President Nakatsuka though.

This weeks ponderizing script is really cool. I was trying to find something that had to do with friends. Let me tell you it was hard finding one but in the end I chose this.
 

1 James 1:7
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin".
 

When I read this I though of Toy Story's "You've got a Friend in Me".
If I get the words wrong so sorry but when you read this imagine Christ is the one singing.
 

You've got a friend in me,
You've got a friend in me.
When the road look rough ahead,
And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed.
You just remember what your old man said,
For you've got a friend in me.
 


We don't always know what's going to happen next in life. But if we walk in the light following Christ we will find friendship there. No best friend in the world will ever exactly know what you're going though, they can come close but they will never truly understand. Jesus Christ has felt it all. And paid for all the pain. He is the best friend we could have. He will take away all our burdens, walk with us, listen to us, and he knows perfectly how we feel. We've got a friend in him. Find him.



We walked to the top of a mountain to do some finding and this lady was like let me take your picture and then she gave us umbrellas because it started to pour right after this. But we picked daises and put them in our hair because they were beautiful! 


This week I was talking to Keiko San. She's really thinking about getting baptized. Pray for her to find the courage to follow Christ. This week she said something that really hit me hard. She was talking about how before she found the church life was really simple. Wake up, eat, maybe watch tv. So I asked what life is like now. And she looked at me just glowing and said "fun". Real happiness is in Jesus Christ.  In the warmth of His friendship.
Transfers are tomorrow. And then next week I hit my year mark... Lesson: don't take any second for granted. I love you all! I hope I can be a friend like Christ to all of you.
 

I'm praying for you all!
 

愛してるよ
(I love you)
 

Sister Zollinger

I wrote a letter to a sister serving in the Kobe mission. She's from Hakodate ward! (The picture is me! Can you tell? :))

Randomly seeing an Ebetsu member!

Keiko San and I made udon together!

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment