Monday, June 27, 2016

Here I Go Again On My Own

Last doughnut with Kanon Chan!
How art thou lovely people? Good Day to you all!
This week has been one of the best weeks of my life. So much happened!

 

But first, give me some scripture, maybe some love.
1 Cor 13:2
"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing".
 

When I read this this morning it called me to repentance pretty hard. You can know everything in the world. You can go volunteer at a soup kitchen and help the poor. But if you don't have love it doesn't matter if you know anything because you don't love what your learning. You can go help those poor people but if you don't love them you're just wasting time. Nothing matters if you don't have love. 

Recently I've been thinking about how many people I meet a day and what I think when I first see them. Do I picture them as a daughter and son of God or just another person I can invite to the temple? It's important but there's no meaning. And people know when you're acting out of love or just doing it because you know it's right. Mom always talked about how if she only had one Christlike attribute it would be charity. I never understood why because she's so loving and kind to everyone. But she's right it's so important. If it wasn't for love we literally would not be here. We would be floating around some where feeling nothing. But we have a Heavenly Father that loves us so much and through his plan we can feel that joy and that love. That's what I want people to know when I see them. I want them all to feel that love. 
 

First Sunday in Kotoni!!
So this week I transferred back to the city. #Sapporolife I am in the Kotoni ward! It's the ward Nakatsuka Kaicho is in. A have a theory, he decided I was too crazy in Hakodate so we had to bring me right under his nose to see what I'm doing. ;)  My new companion is Sister Barton from Montana! She's super cute and a crazy hard worker! We've already seen so many miracles and found a new investigator almost everyday so far. My first Sunday in Hakodate the ward mission leader changed and then yesterday my first Sunday in Kotoni the mission leader changed.. I'm convinced they heard I'm coming and said "Sister Zollinger is coming, I'm out, I resign". Just kidding. All the members are super great everywhere! I'm super excited to be here but I was so sad to leave Hakodate. The hardest part was the 6 hour bus ride by myself. Matsukura Shimai drove me to the train station and played me beautiful music while I cried. Then stood outside the bus for 10 minutes and waited for it to leave. Then waved it goodbye until she couldn't see it anymore. I love her so much!
 

My last two days in Hakodate were so special. On Tuesday I went to Sawamura Sans house and played her goodbye songs on the piano. She was so cute and came and sat next to me and had me play a song then she would copy where my fingers went and play it too. Then I sang to her and she just sat there with her eye closed and we cried together. Then on Wednesday we met Keiko San at the church and practiced our song one more time and sat there and talked. Made plans to meet in Sapporo for the open house and then after we walked down the streets of Hakodate singing hymns. She's my Japanese mommy. I love her so much! She's so prepared.


Keiko San - I love her so much!!



Favorite quote from U Shimai "I can't wait until the millennium when can swim with sharks and ride Dolphins" I'm gonna miss that crazy Aussie! She was the best!

I love you all! Have a good week!


愛してるよ

(I love you)
 

Sister Zollinger




Narita Shimais and her mama Toshiko Shimai. Mom I've decided this is what you're going to look when you old. You're going to be super cute!!

Met Miho Chan my last morning for exercise at 6:30 and said goodbye and gave her a Book of Mormon as a goodbye present 


 Playing with Keiko San. It still needs some work but she's coming to Kotoni ward in two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment