Sunday, January 15, 2017

Last letter home

I've been thinking a lot about this email. I really wish I could say something cool but I have nothing. Sooooo
 

How is everyone doing today? This was literally the coldest week of my entire life. Turns out when my shoes are in the snow too long they freeze and my toes turn to ice. It was super fun. Oka Shimai and I ended up running everywhere to warm up. :)
 

This week on Monday we went to Kisaka San's house and made green chili enchiladas with Tsuchiya Shimai! They were so cute throwing everything together asking me if it looked okay. After that we talked about prayer. She's been praying everyday! We talked so much about how God is our Heavenly Father. We talked about how that's what He wants us to call him. It was so special! We saw her two more times this week and she came to church! Kisaka San is seriously my favorite person in the world. She has this giggle that she does all the time. It's the cutest thing in the world. Oka Shimai and I always laugh so hard.
 
On Saturday we were at the church making Mochi with the ward. It was so fun! They told me I needed to pound some too so I would always remember Japan and I hit the rice like three times and then they took the hammer away because they said I looked tired :)
 

Yesterday I gave a talk in church. My theme was love. I think that's the thing I've come to learn the most about on my mission. I don't know why but saying "I love you" is so hard for me to do. "Love you" is no problem. I just get embarrassed or something silly and have a hard time expressing the way I feel. All my poor companions. Yesterday I said that in my talk and after so many people when they said goodbye to me said "I love you" in perfect English. I seriously love Kotoni so much. 7 months here has been literally the best!
 

I've had a lot of time to reflect this week on the past year and a half. Oka Shimai suggested I write 100 things I learned. It was seriously the coolest thing I've ever done. It was hard at first but then I couldn't stop. Dendo has been the best. There's been some really, really hard times. But there's been some really really good times as well. I've never understood so well when alma talks about his joy and his pain. That's the best way to describe a mission. I've really come to know who I am. Who I want to become. And how far I've come. There is a plan for everything.
 

That's why this week is,
Ecclesiastes 3:1
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven".

 

There is a time for everything in life. A time for joy, sadness, life, death, success, failure. Everything has a purpose. We just need to have faith in Heavenly Father's timing and everything will be okay. I would say more but I feel like the 100 things pretty much covers it all.
 

I love you all so much. I'm leaving home to go home. But I'll be back. Dendo doesn't stop just because my badge is off.
 

The church is true. Even when you don't believe it's still true and Heavenly Father's love for you is still there.
 

Never give up, never, never give up
Sister Zollinger











Pie is the face!!  For all those heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment