Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Three Weeks Left


Considering the title this week's ponderizing scripture is

D&C 31:13
"Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen.

It's not that I want to go home or stop working it's just a weird spot to be in. It's too early to start thinking about the day I say goodbye to mission life get and get on that airplane home but too late to not think about how I can work as hard as I can these last three weeks.  That's why I chose this scripture. I feel like there's so many things I want to do and accomplish before the 19th.

When I found this scripture I found so much peace. If I'm faithful until the end I'll be able to accomplish everything Heavenly Father needs me to do. This really is the work of our Savior. He is with me always. He is with me when I put my nametag on in the morning. When I step outside into the snow. He's with me when I stop people on the street. When I get rejected in doorways. When I teach someone about the miracles he performed for them. And then he's with me when I lay my head down in my futon each night.

This week has been so incredible! Even though my stomach is crying from the excessive food intake I would do it all over again for the members. Nothing can replace the happiness in their faces to have the missionaries over. It's seriously been so fun! I wish I could tell you all about it but my fingers don't type that fast. I love the members in Hokkaido. Their faith is so strong! They love the missionaries and will do anything they possibly can to help us!

This week's miracles, I got to wash the dishes after a meal for I think the first time! It was so fun. We played games while we cleaned.  I felt like I was doing chores with family. We got to see Moeka Chan!  She's seriously so loving to anyone and everyone! We got to see Kisaka San! She's been praying every morning! Today we taught her about prayer and she is so excited to pray for answers to the questions in her heart! Oka Shimai bore the most beautiful testimony of the power of prayer.

I got to go on splits with Hannant Shimai! I've never been rejected so much and so hard in my whole mission. Literally all day. We left the apt early to have more dendo time and we got nothing but rejection all day. Then right before we got on the train at the end of the day we decided to stop one last girl. Got her number and taught her about God! She invited us to come see her at work! It made it all so worth it!

Sunday was my 18th month mark. I was able to go to church and take the sacrament. Then Bishop Nakamura asks Oka Shimai and me to bear our testimonies. It was so special. The spirit was so strong. Then we celebrated New Years as traditional as you can get without going full kimono and Sayuru shimais house. It was so fun!

I'm so excited for this new year and all the blessings it will bring!
I love you!
Sister Zollinger

P.S.  Check out this great video on the Japan Sapporo Temple.  Look for your favorite Frozen Noodle!!  (Scroll down on the website for the English version)

Started splits out with a nice Doria and Waffles topped with ice cream
and fruit :)

Moeka Chan!

Gochi #1 Ogawa Family. Both returned missionaries so we played a game and the winner had to role play!

Gochi #2 Kojima Family! The lady in the back is 92 years old. Seriously the cutest thing of my life. Sat like she owned the place :) Kojima Kyodai kept singing "pineapple, Apple, pen"...it's apparently really popular right now. He also showed us all his bus maps from America and said "aren't these cool!?"



#3 Takahashi drank Sakura tea

#4 Sakata Shimai. Sooooo cute! We spent the whole day with her!

#5 Konno Couple! Their daughter just went into the MTC and yesterday happened to be Konno kyodai's birthday!

Lastly got so cold my companion went snowman on me! Apparently it hasn't snowed like this is 50 years! The frozen noodle's going out cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment