Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cute skirt yo!

Konnichiwa Minasan

I can't believe it's P-Day again! I feel like I sent an email like a week ago.. My companions and I decided P-Day actually stands for pants day. Wearing jeans is weird!
 

My new shirt
Funny Highlights: I was walking in the cafeteria the other day and this elder came up to me and said, "I like your hair" so I said thanks, no big deal I get that a lot. Girl with a fro is kinda hard to miss. Then this kid says, "I just want to cut it off and make a pillow"..What are you supposed to say to that!? Let's just say I ran back to my seat. We were teaching one of our investigators and in Japanese "kawaii" is cute and "kowai" is scary. (they sound exactly the same) So we walk into the lesson and Nozomi-Son was wearing the cutest skirt I've ever seen so I pointed at it and said, "kowai!"...she looked upset. Yesterday we got sack breakfast and went and sat in the grass to eat them. So there we were minding our own business and the sprinklers start to turn on. We all start don't do it, don't do it but then more start to turn on. So I grab my stuff and bolt out of there only to look back and see my companions yelling "I'm not going to make it!" Everyone around us got a good laugh.

Yesterday I got to be a new missionary host. For everyone that doesn't know that's the missionaries that come take the newbies away from their families, lovingly of course. The first car pulled up and the mom opened the door and I yelled, "Welcome to the MTC! How are you doing today?" Then I thought Sister Zollinger you can't say that of course they're not okay their kid is leaving for 18 plus months! But I know that their families will be so blessed from this experience and there is no place they would rather have their kid be, right mom? :) All of the missionaries were so calm and composed. I was super impressed. Their testimonies were so strong. They knew this is where they needed to be and they were ready to put all their heart might and mind into this work.The MTC is the happiest place on earth (sorry Disney).
 
I got to take a few pictures for some families and instead of saying one, two, three, smile. I said "ichi, ni, san, hai!" I got a few laughs from that. One dad served in Japan and he went off in Japanese and I just stared at him, because I had no idea what he was saying. I loved making their day a little brighter. I took a few elders luggage to the check in and they were so uncomfortable that a sister was dragging their luggage. It was funny. Missionaries are the best! It's amazing all the places they have come from and all the places their going. In my district alone we have someone from Utah, New Mexico (whoot), Nevada, Washington, California, New Jersey, and Maryland. All of us are so different but we're all here for the same purpose. So that every nation, kindred, tongue and people will know that Jesus is the Christ, our savior and redeemer.
For our service project we get to hang up the flags in the front for all the new missionaries to see!
 
Everyday I learn something new about my mission and my heart just swells. When President Grant dedicated Japan for Missionary work in the prayer he said 'The work will start out slow but it will pick up and someday astonish all nations'. Heavenly Father has intrusted me with a small part of his vineyard and my gratitude cannot be expressed with just words alone. The language is slow coming but I love it so much! The other day I was counting something in class and when I threw my finger down to count I said ichi instead of one. It was a weird moment for me but I was so happy! 
 
 

My old Branch President, President Johnson and his wife

 
 
 
I love being here. I have met so many people and made so many friends. I love people's testimonies. They are all so unique and powerful! My district is so great! On Sunday I got a new branch President. He was the mission president in Sapporo four years ago so this is going to be cool!

 
 
 
 
Thank you so much for your support. Every time things get hard I feel your testimonies from both sides of the veil and I know it will be okay. I just want to leave you with one last quote, "No one was foreordained to fail" You can do anything you set your mind to with a little faith you can move mountains. I see miracles everyday, don't stop stop believing in them for one second. I love you all so much!
 
 
Ai shite imasu!
 
Zollinger Shimai

PS no one here can say Zollinger, no one! In Japanese it will be Zollinja or something like that.. cool right? 
So love,
Zollinja Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment