Thursday, July 9, 2015

That MTC Life

Nihongo nametag and scriptures


Ohiu gouzaimasu!

The MTC is the coolest place of my life! I love it here so much. Everyone is so nice and friendly and willing to help everyone!

Funny highlights: In Japanese the way you say scriptures sounds like the English word for Satan. So in our second lesson one of my dearest companions accidentally told our investigator Mizuno-Son that we were going to read from "satan"...whoops. When she realized what she did we all laughed, it was great! The second funny moment: one the Elders in my district was tapping a tune on his desk and didn't finish it, so me being the whistling lover that I am whistled the last two notes. It came out sounding like a cat whistle..Needless to say I am now known as the flirtatious one. 

We matched!! Meadows, Kuta, and Zollinger Shimai
For everyone that doesn't know I am in a tripanionship! My companions are Kuta Shimai, and Meadows Shimai. They are seriously the cutest and I love them so much! It's different being in a trio because not only do you have to make sure one person is with you, you have to make sure there are two. But I love it! We were so meant to be companions! What one person can't do the other two fill in. 
 

LDS Provo Temple
 

Nihongo (Japanese) is such a beautiful language. Don't get me wrong it's hard but it's so worth it at the end of the day. Everything about it makes sense and the meanings of words are so beautiful! For example Sukui is salvation and Sukuinushi is my Savior so it directly translates to my salvation, so beautiful!! Sorry I'm in love. 

Being a missionary is so amazing. Heavenly Father is so willing to give you whatever you need to fulfill His work. The other day I was sitting in class and I just felt so sick. Like really sick. I just wanted to go die in a hole by myself. As I was sitting there in my misery I decided to pray to feel better. The most amazing thing happened. It was as if I felt the sickness leaving my body leaving me feeling good. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers like I know my hair is curly. He really does listen and if we pray with sincere faith he will give us everything that we need. I testify of that. Tuesday night we had this awesome devotional. My favorite thing that was said is, "if you ever have a question about the First Vision ask God, he was there." Isn't that so true though? Sometimes the most simple things are the ones that are overlooked. Why wouldn't you go to Heavenly Father every time you have a question. He is in every detail of our lives. I know that every time I've had a question I could ask God and he was there for me. It may not have been when I wanted, but it was always when I needed it. Like when I was feeling sick in class. Heavenly Father is real and he loves each and everyone of us. I have learned so much here in the MTC. I knew there was more for me to learn but I never knew it was this much! The church is true!
 
My district, totally describes all of us
 
I loved hearing from everyone! If you want to Dear Elder me ask my mom. Seriously it's the coolest and I get to read them right when I get it! It's super easy! 
 
(To send letters by Dear Elder. Unit number: 38 Country Code: JPN-SAP)

Shout out to Caitlin for drawing the coolest robot picture! (Everyone loved it) 

Last thing I want to say to you is the last thing my mom said as I was walking away. She said "Be Confident" Being in the MTC has given me so much confidence. I know that I am a daughter of God and that he called me to do this precious work. I have never felt more confident in my capabilities than when I am surrounded in the arms of Heavenly Father's love. 

Be confident in who you are because Heavenly Father loves you and if anything else I think you're pretty great!

Aishiteimasu!

Zollinger Shimai 

P.S. my spelling was bad before but thanks to Nihongo it's nonexistant.. Please disregard all spelling and grammar errors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment