Saturday, July 18, 2015

What's a Pine Tree

Konnichiwa Minasan

First of all I loved all of your emails! I'm so glad you're all doing good. Thanks for sharing your spiritual experiences with me! One of my favorite things to do is to look for the tender mercies of the Lord in my life each day. I've seen so many blessings! Please try it, you will begin to see the love our Lord has for you. Once you begin to see those blessings and are thankful for them more blessings will come your way. I promise you that!

This is how you "Pine Tree"
Funny highlights: A few days ago I was walking with my companions and I had to go to the bathroom. On the first day I asked how you say bathroom so since I've been here for 2 weeks now I figured I could put together a sentence. So I looked at them and said "Torie nan desu ka?" Which directly translates to what is toilet. Awesome... I got some really funny looks from that! Last night I was practicing hiragana and while I was guessing all the Elders were acting them out. Everyone was laughing so hard and I was super confused, story of my life. It was great I love my district so much! Lastly we were reading through one of our grammar book in the common verbs section and pine tree was listed....best typo ever! So during class we had to make sentences. The sentence we had to finish was "So that I love my companion(s) more I will.." My dearest companion said, "So that I love my companions more I will pine tree." I cried, best day ever! 

I'm a Missionary
The coolest experience happened to me this week! On Sunday at the devotional the speaker talked about how he prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. He bore his testimony over and over of the truthfulness of it but after awhile the feeling became numb and his testimony seemed rehearsed. So he prayed to know if it was true. He said don't be afraid to ask if something is true. Do it over and over if you need to. Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. So I was like cool story I'm going to try that! So I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true. The next day we were reading a chapter from the Book of Mormon in class and every two verses we stopped to apply what he had just read to our lives. The fact that we could do that and how easy it was for us to do is amazing! By the time we were done the spirit was so strong. That's when I got my answer. The Book of Mormon is true. It was written for me and for you. For our families and friends. For our ancestors and our posterity. For everyone. Heavenly Father gave us this book so we would know of his love for each of us. So we could know of the Plan of Salvation, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and so many other blessings. All of this is written down in the Book of Mormon. If you haven't prayed to know about it, please do. If you have prayed, do it again. You will not regret it. It has changed my life. I love this gospel so much, I don't know what I would do without it! I love being a missionary. This place is so great! I can't wait to get to Japan and start teaching people this joyful message!

We decorated our door. I drew all the flowers! It's like the MTC makes your talents come out of no where! Super cool! 

Please keep sending your experiences. Thanks for your uplifting words. You're the coolest cats ever!

Ai shite imasu

Zollinger Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment