Thursday, August 27, 2015

P stands for Packing!

Today P-day means packing day...and pants day...and preparation day... just go with it. 

Some of the Shimaitachi in my district with our matching shirts!
So I leave for Japan on Monday!!! When I got my flight plans I screamed like a small child.. seriously though! I am so excited! We're so fancy, you already know, we're flying from LA to Tokyo! :)

Funny Highlights: On Sunday I taught the Japanese Sister "lame" on accident. They say it all the time not but they say it super dramatic and slow because I had to say it super slow for them to hear it. So they say "ohhhh laaaameeee" It's so cute!

I don't have a lot of funny highlights this week because we're just been getting ready to go to Japan.. Sorry I guess I'm lame.. ;) 


Missionary selfie! 
So I forgot to mention this but every Sunday everyone has to prepare a talk for Sacrament Meeting because you never know who's speaking. They literally call you out on the spot to come up and speak. So guess who got called. Yeah Zollinger Shimai. I thought I was going to pass out. But I did it! I actually gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting in Japanese. The craziest thing was I was allowed to read my scripture in English and I could not get the words out properly. It was crazy! I guess that means I'm ready to go to Japan now! This Sunday the Japanese Sisters sat next to me during choir and asked me what every word in the song meant. And somehow I was able to translate it in my broken Japanese. I know I'm not perfect, but Heavenly Father always provides a way! I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to go. Nine week of learning about this amazing place is over and now it's go time. I'm going to hit the ground running and I cannot wait. I know it's going to be hard, but I can do hard things through Christ! Nippon here I come!!

Sorry I didn't have much time to write this week, got to go pack! I love you all! 

あいしています!

ゾリンジャー姉妹

PS. Mom I'm singing in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday! It's an arrangement of 'If You Could High to Kolob. Don't worry I'm keeping my promises! ;)

Nashville Tribute Band picture! The lead singer is the one in the middle without a nametag!

No comments:

Post a Comment