Thursday, August 13, 2015

Who wears matching shoes anymore???

こんいちわ!

My companions and I had a english fast this week. Which means we didn't speak any english all day. Hardest thing ever but it was so cool! I know way more than I thought I did, except I had to look up like every other word in the dictionary.. It was super fun! 

Funny Highlights: On Monday my Senpai left. (The sister missionaries that got to the MTC before I did) So all the other girls in my zone blew up baloons to send them off with. Since they were all leaving at different times we had to wake up at 4:40 and 5:40 to send them off. In the comotion of trying to get out the door before they left I almost forgot to put on my shoes so I ran back and slid them on. We were standing in the stair case when one of the sisters looked at me and said Sister Zollinger, did you know you're wearing two different shoes. I don't think it would have been as funny if it wasn't 4:40 in the morning and the fact that the shoes were totally different. yeah I was tired.
 
Sunday night we get to watch movies after the devo. This Sunday my companions and I went and watched the Testaments. Seriously the best movie of all time! Watch it! In the movie though two of the main characters share a kiss and every companionship in the room covered their companions eyes, Funniest thing ever! #missionayprobs
 
My companions and I started practicing our kneeling last week. Liteatlly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. In Japan it's costumary to kneel for 15 minutes unless the host tells you otherwise. So we've been practicing for 15 minutes everyday. The other night it hurt so bad I started sweating. We look so silly kneeling there squirming around. But I am pleased to say I can successfully kneel for 10 mintues before it feels like my legs are about to fall off. I won't even meantion what it;s like to walk after though. By the time I'm in Japan though I'll be a pro!
 
 
Yesterday we got our Nihongo nametags!!! They're so legit!!!
MY NIHONGO NAMETAG!!!! It says Zoringa Shimai

This week has been the best week of my whole mission. I feel like I say that every week but it's so true. Something always happens to make it great. Everyday I learn something new. Everyday I draw a little closer to my Savior and learn more about his Atonement and every thing he did for us. Last night we got to skype Nihongin and teach them a lesson. My companions and I got to skype Taguchi! He's the coolest Brother ever! I think he taught us more than we taught him! He has such an amazing testimony and a hunger for learning. We asked him what he wants to learn and he said everything. He wants to fully understand the Atonement and what it does for him. What an amazing man. I want to have a hunger for learning like him and a desire to serve like he does. He thinks about the Savior more in one hour than I do in a day. What a powerful testimony!
 
Then one of the sisters that left came in and shared her conversion story with my district. She bore the simplest most powerful testimony of our Savior. She really knows who he is and what he does for us. How did I get to be so blessed to be called on this mission. To teach these people and be in God's Army with this people. Heavenly Father is so much smarter than us. He knows exactly where we need to be and when we need to be there. He will send us wherever we are needed. I know this to be true more than anything. Last week there were so many cases where I was in the right place at the right time and said what I needed to say and lift someone's spirit. I love my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and the Holy Ghost. They are my best friends and always watcing out for me. Whenever I'm down they send someone to pick me up and when someone else is down they send me to the rescue. There is no greater a feeling then when you respond to a prompting or when someone responds to a prompting on your behalf. This church is true minason!
 
 
I got to be a new missionary host again!! It was so fun. It's my favortie thing to do, well everything about being a missionary is my favorite thing to do but this is pretty cool!

 
Thanks for all the letters and emails, you're the best ever! I'm praying for you all everyday! 

あいしています

ゾリンジャー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment