Monday, September 28, 2015

Gaejin with helmets and name tags oh my

こんにちは
(Hello)


This has been the best week of my life! I know that sounds crazy but it has been amazing. I've never felt so much love from people I barely knew before now.

Funny Highlights: We were visiting a lady in our ward the other day and I've been trying to add in on conversations now so here she is talking about how she doesn't have money to do this and that and I look at her and say 'awesome' really loud and energetic, got a super weird look back... Whoops.  




Kimono. Ignore my face. I didn't know how to handle that situation.
 
On Saturday we had a clothing exchange at the ward. Sister Kempner and I walked in and saw two kimonos chillin' and we wanted them! No one took them so after a little bit we just took them. Then all these Japanese women started flocking around me dressing me in this kimono. It was so funny. I felt so awkward.


So fun fact. Everyone and I mean everyone stares at you if your gaejin (foreign). The other day I was going on splits. So here I am sitting on a train minding my own business and this school comes past for a field trip. This one little girl spots me and just stops in her tracks. Then she calls all her girlfriends over and points right at me they all start giggling and just stare straight at me. It was great. So I waved and they giggled harder. I love it. Every little kid just is so surprised to see me. All the ladies in the ward say I look like a French doll. I don't know what dolls they've seen but I've never seen one with a fro. It's so great though I get to start a lot of conversations with really random people! Japan is my favorite!
 
Emily and her Grandpa
Last Monday I received a call saying that my grandfather had passed away. All my life I thought about what I would do if something like this ever happened to me and let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture. What I didn't know is how I actually would be. This last week I have learned so much about life and how fragile it really is. But I also learned something that made everything okay. My mom once told me that she's not sad when the prophets and apostles pass away. She said they lived a good life and they serve hard. Heavenly Father is just ready for them to come home. This is one of the things that brought me the most comfort. Don't get me wrong when people pass away it's sad but it's also such a happy time! My Grandpa lived an amazing earthly life. Full of love, happiness, and joy. He knew who he was and where is was going and he lived everyday becoming the man Heavenly Father knew he could be. I came across a scripture the other day that I love so much. It talks about how in hard times God will send his angels to comfort you and then you as well as generations can know about the plan of salvation. I know that God is sending his angels not only to me but to everyone that is is need. My grandpa taught my dad the plan of salvation who in return taught me. In just 3 lessons generations were taught about that comfort and joy. That legacy will continue for generations to come.


Heart Attack from everyone
Lastly I know I've said it 100 times but I'll say it 100 times more. Monday night I was a mess - just a wreck. Everyone was asleep but I just couldn't. No matter how hard I tried to sleep I couldn't. So I cried out to Heavenly Father in that time of need asking for comfort or anything. Then the Tuesday night I came home to find my door decorated with little hearts notes and scriptures from other missionaries. Saying things like families are forever. We love you. And stuff like that. Even if it's not what you're expediting He will always answer your prayers. I know first hand that he does.

I love you all so much! Don't worry so much about today or tomorrow because families are forever and that will exceed any today or tomorrow!


愛しているよ!
(I Love You)

ゾリンジャー姉妹 
(Zoringa Shimai) 

P.S.   Families are forever and I have a new companion on the other side of  the veil. I love you very much! Keep your heads up. I'll send some scriptures in the mail! xoxoxo
We ate at this family's house! Everything in English and they made us tacos! He's the new 1st councilor in the ward!

1 comment:

  1. I could hardly see through my tears. What a touching expression of love.

    ReplyDelete