Monday, February 22, 2016

You know your frozen when...

Hi everyone! 

Before I said goodbye to Adams Shimai
Guess what it's a new transfer! Can you believe it? Yeah me either. My new companion is a Nihongin! Her name is Saiki Shimai from Nagasaki! She's the coolest! Everyone at church was so excited for her because she's really good at Japanese.. ;)
 


Hmmm ponderizing...  Isaiah 58:8
"Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward".
I had a really hard time picking a scripture this morning so I let my scriptures fall open and look what I found! This scripture is super cool! I love how it says light shall break forth like a sunrise! I love sunrises and sunsets they are two of my favorite things in the world. But Nakatsuka Kaicho (Mission President) said in a workshop once Japan is the land of the rising sun. And the land of the rising church. It's so true. I love the idea of the Light of Christ rising over all the earth. It just looks so pretty! Then at the end it says the Lord shall be your rearward. God will always protect us! I love the scriptures!


Let's cool down a second and talk some ice, you know you're the frozen chosen when:

                  1. You're hair freezes every time you step outside
                  2. You can see your breath in your apartment
                  3. Your companion is wearing 5 pairs of tights
                  4. It's pouring rain like crazy and 5 minutes later it's a blizzard
                  5. You can't see anything because the snow is blinding you it's so bright
                  6. You're abs are growing stronger from catching all your falls on the ice
                  7. Your mission is known for its ice
                  8. You sit next to the heater to write in your journal
                  9. Getting hand warmers from the members every Sunday
                 10. And when the name of your blog is the frozen noodle
 

We had a Japanese day her last day and dressed like Nihongin.  :o)
My new companion eating potato chips with chopsticks because... Japan.

It's cold but it's my favorite place in the world. There's no place I'd rather be. The people here are so amazing! Everyone shows you so much love! Before Adams Shiami left I asked her what she wanted to do that she hasn't done. She said get a kimono. A few days later one of the members was taking us home and stopped at a store and bought her one. No idea she said that earlier. Everyone here is so willing to love and help. I was talking about it to Saiki Shimai the other day. Love is so important. We really need to say I love you to people and from the heart. When you say it not only does that person feel it but you do too. We have an investigator that always says it to me in English. It means so much and I really feel her love. That's really the most important thing.

I love you all!
 

Sincerely,
 

This frozen noodle
Sister Zollinger

 

PS. I want some good scriptures to ponderizie.  Send me your favorites!

I saw Sister West Mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment