Monday, February 29, 2016

Hello!!

Hey-yo everyone! 

I've done it again! It's official, I'm addicted to the potato truck...
Thanks for all the awesome scriptures this week! I love reading people's favorite scriptures! I always learn so much!
 

Speaking of scriptures read this one!  D&C 25:12
"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads".
 

I love music, no but really I LOVE music. So I learned the kanji for music the other day. It's so cool! 音楽 but here's what's cool. 楽⬅️ this kanji is the same kanji used in fun. Then this ➡️音 kanji is noise. Music is a fun noise. So cool right!? I love the special spirit I feel through music. We were teaching a lesson the other day about music and we said that music is a song of the heart. She got really happy and said she loved music. Then the other day we were walking around and we saw this lady snow shoveling so we stopped and talked to her. She says she sings a hymn in her heart every day. It was so amazing.
 

Some funny highlights: the other night we were praying right before we went to bed. When the prayer was over I collapsed to this side with my hair flying everywhere. When I landed Saiki Shimai crawled over to my futon and picked up my hair and yelled "it's so fluffy" (in Japanese) and then gathered it all into a ball and laid on it. I love Japanese reactions to my hair :) Then we went to say goodbye to a member that was moving and as we were leaving he yelled to me in English "have a life!" Japanese English is my favorite thing of all time. Saiki Shimai's English is so cute! Our first few days together in almost every prayer she said she's thankful for my English :)
 

This week has been so good! I know I say I see so many miracles but this week I really saw a lot of miracles! I got the special opportunity to go on splits with my MTC companion Kuta

Shimai. She's sooo awesome! It was so fun! We got to go with this cute 3rd transfer. We all don't have a lot of Japanese but we ended up doing so much. Kuta Shimai has grown so much! I never would have guessed how much a mission would change us. It was so good to work with her in the field. 
Kuta Shimai

 

I love you all! Thanks for all you do! Keep sending me your favorite scriptures!
 

Sister Zollinger
















 Her first Goldfish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment