Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter!!

In Jesus Christ I found new life
Good morning! Happy Easter to everyone in America where you're a day behind! How's your Easter going? Did you watch the video? It's so good! Go to lds.org asap and watch it!

Starting last transfer, each transfer I chose one Christlike attribute to study and ponder over. This transfer was humility. Therefore this weeks ponderizing scripture is one about humility. It's a mashup of Colossians 3.  "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth... Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;...  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness... And let the peace of God rule in your hearts".  I really love this a lot. When Elder Choi came to our mission and spoke to us he told us to look up to heaven and eat the snow. :) #frozenchosen We really should be focusing on the things of heaven.

Remember that God loves us and we is waiting to shower snowflakes of blessings on us. All we have to do is have kindness, charity, humility, meekness, and endure to the end. Then the peace of God will be in our hearts forever!

Some funny things from this week.  I went in splits at the beginning of the transfer and received a special soup from Okinawa. So Saiki Shimai and I were feeling adventurous and decided to eat it. So here I am eating this weird soup minding my own business when all of a sudden I hear my companion trying to pronounce "internal organs". Let's just say it stopped tasting good real quick. Turns out the name of the soup was naka mi ziru. Which basically means inside soup. (与座長老ごめん美味しくなかった)

When you accidentally match
We were at the lovely Momoka San house teaching about life when her four year old son came up to me and asked why my eyes are green. I was about to tell him I ate too much salad when his mom got mad. It was the cutest thing. It just made me remember the time when I was really little and I asked an elder why his skin was black.

This week has been amazing! I realized that a year ago today I opened my mission call to the best mission in the world. I love this place with all my heart! The people are all so loving and amazing! This week I prayed for humility and then I had a crazy humbling experience. I forgot the password to my iPad and it reset. EVERYTHING got erased. But after I cried inside, really hard. I realized it's not about all the pictures or notes from people. All the memories are saved in my heart. Sounds cheesy but I'll never forget the miracles I see every day. The feelings I get from teaching about Jesus Christ. That's something that no picture can capture.

I love you all!

Happy Easter!

Sister Zollinger

District lunch.  Yay!!  Sushi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment