Monday, April 4, 2016

Let's Go to the Beach!

Saito San! She bought me a name stamp.
Hello everyone! Happy April! Who loves spring? Sister Zollinger, yeah that's right!
 

So listen, we had transfers! And I transferred! I'm not going to lie, it was hard to say goodbye to the people in Ebetsu. I grew to love the people there so much, and I always felt love from everyone. I realized as I was walking to the church that I got to Ebetsu right at the start of winter when all the grass started to disappear and the lovely Hokkaido winter came to freeze my face off. And last week I just started to see the grass again and woke up almost everyday to birds singing. Ebetsu was my winter wonderland!

My new area is Hakodate!! If anyone doesn't know look it up right now, it sooo beautiful. Right next to the beach. We took as nice run to the beach this morning! Found some sea shells, killed my companion #runnerprops, and saw the main island of Japan! 
Zollinger Shimai and Murata Shimai

My new companion is Murata Shimai! She's from Japan but she's a quarter Japanese and three-quarters Peruvian! We went on splits before and said, "hey lets be companions for real someday!" And then it happened!! She's the best! She's fluent in Japanese, Spanish, and is also good at English! She's a STL. (Sister Training leader) All but one of my 5 companions has been a STL. I have a theory that Nakatsuka Kaicho doesn't trust me so he makes sure I go on splits with the STL everyday. ;) I love being an STL companion because I get to go to so many places and meet so many missionaries and people! It's my favorite! (Don't worry Adams Shimai I'll take care of your friends ✌🏻)
 

This weeks scripture is super funny! Mosiah 27:37
"And how blessed are they! For they did publish peace; they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth".  Publish GOOD tidings of GOOD... I just think it's super funny. Really good tidings are good alright! :) But I actually like this scripture a lot. You really do receive so many blessings from bringing peace to others. Like the scripture from last week comforting someone with the news of the gospel is bringing them peace. So awesome!

 

This week has been super crazy! I can't even remember all that happened. But here goes,
  • Monday: temple with Saito San
  • Tuesday: transfer calls
  • Wednesday: picked up Saiki shimais new companion
  • Thursday: splits with those two in Ebetsu
  • Friday: picked up Murata Shimai and worked in Ebetsu
  • Saturday: worked back in MOIWA! With two different missionaries, one that had never been there and the other that had only been there for a day. So we worked off everything I remembered from 4 months ago. Then around 9:20 at night we made it to Hakodate 
  • Sunday: Church
    Name stamp: It says Zorinja!

Tonight we are off to Muroran for Zone training meeting.  It all happened so fast. Feel like I emailed yesterday. I'm super excited for this new area and companion! The people here are so prepared to hear the gospel! I'm so great fun for the opportunity to be a missionary. It's the best thing ever! 

Thanks for all your support!
 

I love you all!
 

Sister Zollinger


We aired out the futons - so dinner was in the study room.  






I love Ebetsu Ekaiwa!


No comments:

Post a Comment