Monday, May 23, 2016

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Lunch break by the ocean
Hey everyone! I hope you're all doin' fine and dandy. Exciting news! My dearest companion ate her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich this week. I asked her the other day if she wanted some toast and she said sure. So we walk in to the kitchen and while toasting I decided to turn mine into a peanut butter and jelly. She got so excited and decided to eat one too. Bless her little Australian heart, she got sooo excited. And then continued to eat one or two everyday following. :) #changinglives

This weeks scripture is 2 Nephi 5:27 
"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness". です

I love this scripture a lot. I know I say that every week and mean it, but I really love this scripture. I've been thinking a lot about happiness lately. What I really like about this scripture is it doesn't say what happiness is. It just says they lived happily. Happiness is whatever you want it to be. When ever we go finding my favorite thing to ask is "what is the happiest thing in your life" so many people say "I don't know" or "I'm not happy" or "I haven't thought about it". It makes me so sad. The world is full of fake happiness. Money, cars, nice clothes, parties.. But that's not really happiness. That's 20 seconds of yeah I look really cool, then you or the people around you lose interest. Auntie Nora sent me a cool quote the other day, it's  "Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure not this nor that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."  -- William Butler Yeats

Happiness is the peace you feel after a big trial, spending time with your family, holding new born babies, reading a comforting scripture after a loved one passes away, entering the temple for the first time, hearing your brother got engaged and the girl's legit, the opportunity to pray to your loving Heavenly Father, taking the sacrament, there are so many things. 
U Shimai's PB and J sandwich!!

The story behind this scripture is of an imperfect family living in the wilderness. They had no money, worked for food, and just left everything they knew. But they were happy. Because they knew that's all Heavenly Father wants for us.  Happiness. 

Obedience is the Price
Faith is the Power
Love is the Motive
Spirit is the Key
Christ is the Reason 
Joy is the Reward 
(Japan Sapporo Mission Motto)

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do!

Sister Zollinger
Bedtime Yoga


Our new investigator Haruka Chan. She's so cute! She's a little afraid of religion but she wants to be our friends and hear more!


Olga San. She's Peruvian and super golden! She said she's coming to church next week!


We went to the beach with Kanon Chan!


I love Hakodate!! (My badge is the front right corner)

No comments:

Post a Comment