Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Temple is Here! It's Here, It's Heeeerrrreeeee!!!!


Hello!!  

Take a break from your 4th festivities, stop watching the fireworks and take a gander at this!

I got to go inside the Sapporo Temple.... 
6 words - I WILL NEVER GO LESS-ACTIVE.

This week has been so incredible! Year Mark, going to the temple, and riding bikes like a crazy person with my stellar companion. 


 Sapporo Japan Temple 
Taken by yours truly Sister Zollinger


Here's a cool ponderizing scripture about the temple. I thought it was fitting considering the open house started yesterday!
 

Isaiah 56:7
"Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people".  


The temple is for all people! ALL people. Please go.

Funny Story: This sister asked if she could touch my hair so I said yes then next thing I knew there was a small crowd of relief society sisters sitting around me picking at my hair like monkeys. It was great.

I wish I could tell you everything I felt and experienced this week but I can't put it in words. This was seriously one of the best weeks of my life. I got to see old companions. I recited the First Vision for the first time to a nonmember in my whole mission life. Ate all you can eat meat. Rode my bike through the pouring rain. Felt the spirit so strongly while singing Homeward Bound to a bunch of strangers. Sang the Star Spangled Banner like an American to the same group of strangers. Laughed everyday. And felt the love Heavenly Father has for each of us like I've never felt before.


Sorry this email is all over the place but if there's only one thing you get from it I hope it's that you know I have a testimony. A testimony that this is God's true church. That families, no matter the circumstances are forever. And that Jesus Christ is my Savior.


愛してるよ
I love you all! 

Sister Zollinger

PS.  Side note from Mom - I asked Emily how she was doing.  This was her response "Oh my goodness sooooooooo gooooooodddddd! I'm on a cloud. Seriously never coming down".


Mostly the Sister missionaries

I love the Nakatsukas!!  Happy two year mark!

One year later wearing the same outfit.

Then I cut it up in celebration because it was falling apart. 

Barton Shimai is the cutest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment