Monday, July 18, 2016

Osyters and Chocolate and Franks, Oh My!!

It's my favorite place in the world!!
Hello! 

So funny story my apartment is right next to a chocolate factory so every time we leave I feel like Charlie Bucket did riding his bike next to Willy Wonka's. It has been getting really hot here in the city. Our area is about a 20 minute bike ride from the apt and coming back is a really steady hill so us poor little dears sweatin buckets for years.
 

Yesterday we went to go totsuzen (randomly, suddenly...don't really know how to explain that in English) an investigator I haven't met yet. The dad and the son are Olympic Snowboarders. Super cool right? 

On the way there we were talking about how we haven't had some good solid meat in a while and that it was sounding pretty good. So here we are at their house and the mom says grandpas been wanting to meet you! So she walks us to the other side of the neighborhood where grandpa was sitting at the neighbors house BBQ partying it up. They looked at us and asked if we wanted some, Barton Shimai looked at me and said is that okay? And I said yeah I love meat lets go! So we crashed a BBQ party last night and I ate oyster from a shell for the first time. It tastes like the "oceans milk" :)  
My oyster!

On Saturday we were feeling like meat, again and we didn't have time to take a dinner break so we stopped at a convini and got Special Big Franks. It's like a giant hot dog. I don't know why but we thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
 

I don't know how but my emails always end up with food in them.... So here's a scripture!
 

D&C 68:6 "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come". 

This is what I do everyday. And I feel Heavenly Father by my side helping me in his work! There never is any need to fear.
 

Working at the temple has been so great! My favorite place to go is at the end in the reception room to see everyone right after they've gone through. They are always so happy! I've hear so many cool stories and met so many people from literally all over! One girl brought her nonmember father in law so he could see where they were married. I met the guy on the English Flyers we use. I've met missionaries that served here. Took my investigators through and watched their faces change. It been seriously miracle after miracle. One story though I really want to share.


Our special big franks!

I was standing outside when this lady I've never seen before walks up to me and says in super broken English, "I have to go I'm sorry. I'll come back I promise. I'll come back and baptize him." I stood there
and begged her to go inside. I said your right here just go inside it won't take too much time. I'll even go with you. But she wouldn't listen and left. This other couple stopped her but she still soundly go inside. After I went and asked the couple who she was and I guess she had come with her husband and when he saw everyone he ran back to the car and she went in by herself. But when she got inside the check in she couldn't do it alone. She was afraid her husband would leave and she knew he was scared. Neither of them went into the temple that day. It was right there at their fingertips and they let fear stop the, from going. It reminded me of the story of the snake on the stick. Where all everyone had to do was look and be healed. But there were so many people that didn't look. 


Every time I read that story it's so frustrating. Come everyone just look be saved. Come on lady the temple is here. God is waiting inside to bless you. You're here, just go. And she wouldn't. Heavenly Father is waiting for us. His arm is stretched out all day long. All we have to do is repent and turn to him. It's so easy but we get so over come by fear because of the simplicity of it. Don't let the simplicity of the gospel stop you from becoming who you were meant to be. Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ love you and are always there for you. Just come and see.
 

I love you all so much!
Have a good week!


愛してるよ
Sister Zollinger



P.S. BRUNNER and Mckenzie!!!  Have a happy wedding on Friday!!  I love your crazy faces!!! 


Our BBQ crew of people we just met!

Adams Shimai came to see me!! And the Angel brought me green enchilada sauce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment