Monday, July 25, 2016

Not with a Fizzle but with a Bang!

Second to last day. 13,000+ people came. They only expected 10,000.
Hey!
Sad news, the Open House is now over. Barton Shimai and I usually work the morning shift but on the last day we ending up working the night shift. Tours are from 9am-8pm everyday.  On Saturday Night, the last night at 8pm in a neighboring area fireworks went off. So many people stood outside the temple to watch them. Everyone was smiling because of the temple and smiling because of the beautiful night. It was so cool! 




This weeks ponderizing scripture: Alma 37:36
"Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever".

I've been thinking a lot about love lately. Love really is the motive. It's what you need to do everything. When you think about everything that you own everything belongs to God. Your heart, your love is the only thing that you can give to God. 

This was a really special week that I will never forget. 
Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament for the first time in my mission. Keiko San (from Hokadate) is still in Sapporo so said she would come but all though opening I didn't see her. Then when I stood up to give my talk she smiled so big at me and I wasn't nervous anymore. She came to English Class on Wednesday and after came up and held my hand for like five minutes. So thankful everyday I got to meet her. 

We've been doing yoga almost every night and I almost have this pose mastered. 

Yesterday we had a BBQ at the Nakatsukas (mission president) and it was like America. Poor Kaicho got too close to the fire and burned the front of his hair. I felt so bad but he still looks like a million bucks. After we all went inside and had a testimony meeting. I can even describe the feeling in the room. But I will say a room full of Sister Missionaries that just spent 3 weeks working in a temple, there was more sap than a maple farm in Canada. I have so much love for this mission. The missionaries here really are the best in the world. 

I could spend hours writing down everything I felt and experienced during the open house. I could fill pages with the miracles I saw and stories I heard. It was a life changing experience. I may not be good at saying what I feel but I can say this. The church is true. God lives and loves. Families are forever. And you are never alone.

Favorite Quotes:
Saiki Shimai, "I will always be here in your heart"
U Shimai, "I missed your prayers" 
Wyatt Shimai, "When I walked into the Celestial Kingdom..." 
 Nakazawa Shimai, "You can build a temple in your heart" 
Elder Morse, "your personality is like your hair"

I love you all! Have a good week! Catch ya on the flip side!
愛してるよ
Sister Zollinger 

The Sisters (almost all of them)

I told everyone my eternal family continued and BRUNNER got married!! "Flat Emily" looks pretty cool!  Thanks for the cutout.  I hope the rest of forever is a blast!  I love you both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment