Sunday, October 16, 2016

Floods and hurricanes and all kinds of shenanigans

The elders are angels and hear-attacked us and gave us three boxes of our favorite ice cream :)
Hi-hello!
 

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone's been staying safe. I don't really know what's going on but I hear there's been floods and hurricanes and all kinds of shenanigans happening in the world recently. I'm praying for you!
 

This week has been incredible. Honestly the miracles from God never stop.
First this Saturday was Ozawa San's birthday! So we heard she hasn't been told "happy birthday" in over 10 years, so we sent her a text message while she was at work and then when she got home we called her and sang happy birthday. She was sooo happy! The next day we made plans to go see her with Tsuchiya Shimai. We showed up in infamous party hats and sang to her. It was so fun. Then we started talking about Joseph smith. And that lead to baptism and Hackett Shimai gave a beautiful tatoe using the gate. After a lot of testifying and crying and miracles and guidance from the spirit she's accepted to be baptized on January 1 so that her family on both sides of the veil can be together forever. It was so special!

 

This lice and hardship has really caused me look past myself and see what other people need. It's so hard sometimes not to get caught up in what you want and you need. To not say "poor me I'm having a hard time" but to say "how can I lift some one else" "how can I make him/her smile and feel Gods love". The scriptures really are true, if you go looking for yourself you'll never find it. But if you lose yourself for someone else you'll discover how much of yourself there is to find.
Because of this everyone is progressing. Moeka Chan prayed, Oota San came to church, and Kisaka San read the Book of Mormon. The field is white and through prayer and heavenly help we are harvesting!

 
On Saturday Elder Bednar came to speak to us! It was so incredible. I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong. He really is called of God. God is listening to and answers our prayers. I've never felt that as strongly as I did on Saturday.
 

To sum up this week I chose John 3:16 for my ponderizing scripture.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever    believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life".

 

Believe in Him.
 

I love you!
Sister Zollinger


We got a fancy futon heater to help the cleaning process and I was a little cold the other night and decided to try it out.

Spent a little bit of last pday in the massage chairs. (Probably spelt that wrong..so sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment