Monday, October 24, 2016

Let the freezing of the noodle begin...


Hey, hey, hey!
 

How is everyone doing? It's getting cold here in Hokkaido. Getting ready to be the frozen noodle again here pretty soon! ❄️❄️❄️ I hope you all have fun festivities planned and don't eat too much candy.
 

This weeks scripture is one of my favorites! I found it along time ago and got super excited when I remembered it today. 

It's Alma 29:1  "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!"
 

Later on in the chapter Alma asks why he would want to be an angel. It goes on to explain that angels speak to people in their tongue to their understanding. That's the wish of my heart. To speak to people as an angel would. So they understand and feel Gods love.
 

This week has been all over the place. Monday we went to the doctor and he told us we didn't have lice so we partied for two days and then found it again..  So we have to start the whole cleaning process over again. Yay! Also this week is transfers. We have no idea what's going to happen. We're thinking we'll either stay or they'll postpone our transfer until the 10 day treatment ends. Honestly have no idea. But then again I can never guess transfers. The only thing is this next transfer will probably determine my last area..  Not nervous at all :)
Let the freezing begin

We also had a surprise snow/rain/hail storm. Never experienced thunder and lightning with snow falling. It was super weird but playing in the snow was fun. Hackett Shimai got so excited!  Just you wait little bean, you don't know the meaning of snow yet ;) 

 

Yesterday was probably one of the busiest days of my mission. Osokawa San came to church! We haven't talked to her in a long time and she never comes when we invite her but she randomly showed up yesterday and basically said "teach me". It was crazy! We went to primary with her and her son. No matter where you are in the world primary always has that one little boy and his friend that won't do anything. :) so cute. Church ends at 1pm and we had an appointment at 2pm so before church we were thinking we had time to go home eat lunch really quick and then go. But then Osokawa San came and we had a meeting. But an angel made us sandwiches which we ate standing next to our bikes before our appointment. It was nuts. But I loved it so much. Busy days are my favorite! I feel like an American missionary with appointments and stuff.
 

Last night I called Ozawa San to see how she's been doing. She is reading the Book of Mormon on her own and asked all kinds of questions about Joseph smith! I almost cried. She's so ready for baptism. We are working on getting her to church right now but after yesterday I know she'll come! I keep thinking back to a year ago when Muratta Shimai and I found her. I was so tired and cold and just wanted to go back to the apartment and eat. But Muratta Shimai said we have 10 more minutes let's keep going so we did and the last person we talked to was her. You really can't give up. You have to keep going until the fourth floor last door. So you can find the Ozawa San's of life. Seriously love her so much. She's like my best friend.  We laughed like crazies yesterday :)   Miracles never cease.
 

I love you all so much! Thanks for all your love and support.
 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
 

Sister Zollinger

View from our apartment



No comments:

Post a Comment