Monday, October 3, 2016

New Things


Good Morning in America. I hope you all enjoyed conference. Unless you're in Japan then who's excited for this weekend!? Sister Zollinger is too excited!! I love conference. Seriously my favorite two times of year.
 


Speaking of times the prophets speak to us, here read this scripture!
Mosiah 2:22 "And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land".

That's it. All we have to do. Keep the commandment=BLESSINGS Simple right? God loves us ね



We went to the Zoo!!


This week has been so fun, crazy, interesting..
I got to go to my first Mission Leader Training and Conference on Thursday and Friday. It was so cool! The spirit was so strong. When we sang the hymns and mission song the power was so strong! In the end one Elder stood and bore his testimony and said when missionaries sing the heavens open and you can hear the voices of angels. I definitely heard some angels singing. I'm giving my first workshop tomorrow I'm a little nervous but super excited! It should be really fun.  


 
Made this for my workshop. This is my brother Mark and his son Traydon.

A few weeks ago I sang at Brother Uchida's baptism and after a member of the bishopric came and asked me if I would sing again but in English. So Hackett Shimai and I practiced a little but not a lot because we didn't think we would perform for awhile. Then we saw him randomly on Friday and he said will you sing on Sunday. We were super surprised and threw something together super quick and it turned out pretty good! It was so fun. But after that bishopric member bore his testimony about a girl on his mission who said I want to bear my testimony in my native tongue so she did and he understood no words but was moved by the Spirit. So when I sang before it was in Japanese and for the same reason he asked me to sing in English. He said, "I didn't understand the words but I felt the spirit and was moved". It was super special.

 

Other than that Hackett Shimai and I found out we got lice from a girl in her MTC district. So we've been scrubbing and washing EVERYTHING in the apartment. It's been oh so much fun. I don't know what it is but Hackett Shimai and I have some great stories to tell from these two transfers together. Getting separated for 40 minutes, hit by a car, and now lice. All while in Japan :)

But we've also sang our hearts out, biked in the rain and shine, testified on the streets, in houses, on porches, in cars, on rooftops, and sidewalks. We've loved and felt loved. Nothing is better than this year and a half we have to serve God.
 

I love you all!

Sister Zollinger


Keiko San!!! Baptism day.

Saw Kita Shimai! She stayed the night for mission leader conference and we sat together all day! Love my MTC comps!

No comments:

Post a Comment