Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Transfers, temple, lice, the works

Hello! 

I hope you're all staying warm where ever you are. Unless you're someplace warm. Then yes, stay warm. So sorry for not emailing on Monday and for not giving a heads up that I wouldn't be emailing until today. Please forgive me. 😁
 

Ponderizing this week so far has been great! Last Saturday Tsuchiya Shimai took us and out investigator Hosokawa San (the one that showed up randomly at church) to lunch. It was amazing! It was an organic store so I thought it was going to be weird stuff cows eat. But it was sooo yummy! I want to go there everyday. Then we taught her about the plan of salvation. She was telling us how when her son was little he talked about them being in heaven together and that he was looking for her. Cutest thing I've ever heard! Then after lunch Tsuchiya Shimai was like I want to go see Ozawa San again let's go and drove us there.
 

Unfortunately she wasn't home. Then on the way back to our apartment I was thinking about what to talk about and I though hey I always enjoy a new ponderizing scripture. So I
asked her what her favorite was. I told her that I was doing the challenge from conference and she had no idea what I was talking about. So I showed her the talk and got all excited and said she was going to read it! Then she came literally running up to me on Sunday and shoved a scripture in my face and yelled 「これ」(this) it's my scripture. She said she challenged herself to do it every week until we meet in Japan again.. ❤️ She's my favorite person in the world.
 

Anyways this weeks ponderizing scripture is Jacob 7:23
"And it came to pass that peace and the love of God was restored again among the people; and they searched the scriptures, and hearkened no more to the words of this wicked man".
There are so many opposing voices in our life. People and things telling us we're not good enough, that we aren't smart enough, pretty enough. That we'll never become better. When we stop listening to those voices all that will be left is peace and the love of God. Then, we will SEARCH the scriptures to find more. Isn't that beautiful? Loved that on Monday.

 

Other than that, WE HAVE NO MORE LICE!!!!! I almost cried. Because we are all clear we had to clean our apartment again. Including all of our clothes, the futons, everything. So on Monday we didn't leave our apartment but of five minutes to run next door and buy more laundry soap. Daily planning Monday night was so excited. We were like yes finally 6 weeks later and we have a full day of dendo!  

So we went to Zone Training Meeting, did the special musical number, I gave a workshop it was great. Then we got a call from the assistants.  Hackett Shimai is getting transferred to Muroran today. So we spent the whole day packing and frantically trying to clean all our clothes because the Arrington's came to pick up her suitcases at 6:00 last night. It was insane. Right now we're are on the way to the temple for our "p-day" and then getting in the car and driving to Muroran to trade companions.

Zollinger Shimai and Hackett Shimai
 

I'm not going to lie I'm kinda sad she's leaving. And even more sad that she couldn't say goodbye to anyone. It has been so fun. We have seen so many miracles together. And literally been though so much.  Heavenly Fathers hands have been in the folds of this whole experience. From becoming companions, getting hit by cars, getting lost, getting lice, closing the area, becoming Sister Training Leader, setting a baptismal date, seeing everyone progress. Everything is because of Heavenly Father's love for us. I'm so thankful.
 

I love you all so Much!

Sister Zollinger









No comments:

Post a Comment