Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Nine Times

Hello!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope you all fun plans for the weekend. That you're safe and your day is full of thanks!  I'm so thankful for all of you and all you do. Even the people I haven't met like McKenzie and Brenton. I love you guys too!  I'm so thankful I'm here is Japan at this time as a missionary.  I'm thankful for my Savior and His Infinite Atonement.  I'm thankful for my Loving Heavenly Father.  I'm thankful for ponderizing scriptures ;)

Especially this week's

D&C 123:17
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed".

 

Got some marshmallows from the ward, so naturally we roasted them in
the toaster oven with chopsticks :)

My theme this transfer is Diligence. I've learned so much about diligence these past couple weeks. It's been so nice to study staying diligent to the end considering certain things. This morning I looked
up how many times diligence is listed in Preach My Gospel. It's in nine of the thirteen chapters of PMG. It's in chapter six 20 times. I think it was trying to tell me diligence is really important. One thing I've really learned is diligence isn't running all over the place checking things off of a check list. It's not working until you kill yourself. It's like this scripture says doing all things that lie in OUR POWER. Not things beyond that and nothing less than that. It's doing everything you can everyday and then when you lie down at night and pray telling Heavenly Father I did all I could today I know you will fill in the rest. Then watching his work come forth. And of course doing all of that with a cheerful heart because life is supposed to be enjoyed not just endured :)

This has been such a fun week! I got to go on splits with Sister Lafaele. She's from New Zealand. I asked her so many silly questions about it and she just laughed at me. I know nothing of the world. But we taught Kisaka San about prayer and she prayed for us! It was so special!! The spirit was so strong. When I told her God loves her the look on her face was so special! Then we finally saw Ozawa San!! I almost cried when her voice came over the air phone. Unfortunately we had to drop her baptismal date. And her. She wants to be an eternal family. She loves her family more than anything but she's not ready to take the steps to get there right now. It was really sad. But I got to tell her the story of the day Murata Shimai and I found her. We both giggled as we talked about what we were doing and how big of a miracle it was. In the end we bore our testimonies of the love Heavenly Father has for her. How he will always be there waiting for her. And so will we. It was sad but I have a lot of peace. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for her and that someday she'll be in the temple again kneeling with Hirotaka Kun and Daiichi Kun to be sealed forever.

The other day when I was one splits me and Lafaele Shimai and I decided to get ice cream. Of course. And everytime I go I try and get a different flavor. This time was cheese. I was so excited thinking yes cheese cake. I love cheese cake. Do you remember the cheese cracker we used to eat in our lunch boxes? Yeah it tasted like that.  Go Japan and it's ice cream flavors. I laughed the whole time I was eating it.

I love you all!

Count your many blessings this week!
Sister Zollinger

Odori Zone!

Kuta Shimai and I accidentally matched! MTC comp unity

These cute members made lunch for us today...

then didn't eat it with us.
 But I was so good and a nice district lunch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment