Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!


Christmas morning!
It's literally the new year right now in Japan! Woohooo 2016! Anyone have New Years goals yet? Cool me either but I'm making them soon! This is a super funky P-Day but it's cool I get to email on a holiday!

This weeks ponderizeing scripture is Mosiah 16:9
"He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death".  I thought it was fitting for an after Christmas scripture!

Funny highlights: the other night we were at a members house and they asked us how old our grandparents are. So I said "I don't know. Whenever I asked my grandpa how old he was he always told us the year he was born." They looked at me so sad and said "was he, I'll." So I said "no it was a joke." When they understood the joke they laughed super hard. American humor is so different! Also weird American humor on Tuesday one of the elders brought laffy taffys to English class. We had them all read them and then explained them. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. How do you explain the elephant crossed the road because it was the chickens day off... It was funny.

Then morning we were walking to the church and I went to say something and breathed in super big but ended up breathing in a huge snowflake. It caught me so off guard. I looked at Sister Rigall and said "I just Inhaled... a snowflake!" But there was a really big pause between inhaled and snowflake. Sister Rigall laughter super hard and said she's glad I'm inhaling because that means I'm breathing.


Laffy Taffy explanations.
This week or two weeks have been super crazy! Christmas was the best! Sister Rigall and I woke up early to open presents and sing Christmas songs. New Years is a super big holiday in Japan. Because of that we haven't been able to meet with anyone. So we've had dinner appointments at members houses almost every night since Christmas Eve. It's been yummy but oh my tummy. I love the members here. They are the best! Last night they packed up all the leftovers to take with us and the member said a souvenir for you because we're thankful for all the work you do everyday. Because of the funky schedule yesterday was a Book of Mormon reading day. We read the Book of Mormon all day! It was so great! The Book of Mormon is so true! I love it. It's my new favorite book. Seriously it's the best! The coolest thing I found. 1 Nephi 7 section heading. I think it's only in the older versions of the Book of Mormon but it's super funny look it up! :)

I love you all a lot! I hope your new year is full of miracles and love!

愛してるよ!

Sister Zollinger
We made a New Year's decoration


No comments:

Post a Comment