Monday, August 1, 2016

Transfer 9 her I come!

Keiko San
こんにちは! 元気ですか?
(Hello!  How are you?)

Summer has officially hit Hokkaido and it is HOT! I have never sweat consistently so much IN MY LIFE. Not even that summer the air conditioner broke so we ate out almost every night. Barton Shimai and I take ice packs into our study room with us every morning which is a cooling 82*F. Nothing like walking out of the shower into a sauna. On the plus side I've gotten really good a braiding my hair super quick without a hair tie. :)

 

This Sunday Keiko San went back home to Hakodate. She originally wasn't going to come to church because she was super busy packing and things but Wyatt Shimai and I were going to be singing in sacrament meeting so I convinced her to come just to that. But there were a lot of announcements and long talks so without word they skipped our musical number. It was so sad. After Keiko San looked at me and said I really wanted to hear it. Me and her really bonded through music so it was rough not being able to share that with her again. But after we went outside and took pictures and said our goodbyes. At the end she looked at me and said "its not the end. We'll see each other again when you come back. Maybe you'll transfer back to Hakodate" then I looked at her and she started crying. And then laughed and said "here come the tears, okay I'm going now" it was so cute but then I cried and we both laughed. In the MTC one of the speakers said on your mission you will find people you can't imagine heaven without. Keiko San is one of those people. My Hakodate Mommy! 

So this morning when I was choosing a scripture for this week I thought a lot about her. 
She was telling me how she's going to miss my hair

 

Alma 26:31
"Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us".

 
Success is not seeing baptisms. It's not about your numbers. It's not about if your a mission leader or if you have a ton of investigators or anything like that. Success is when you love the people 100% and feel that same love from them. It's when they know that they have a loving Father in Heaven and that Jesus Christ is their Savior. I've been working on a Charity and Love this transfer and I never thought I would learn the things I learned and loved as much as I have. It's been a miracle.

 

Today the Sisters in Hakodate are challenging Keiko San to baptism! Pray for her to have the courage to follow her heart!
 

Other exciting adventures. We were riding our bikes to this area we've never been to before and we were literally at the top of this mountain. We looked around to try and find a way to get over to this neighborhood but couldn't find a ride anywhere. Then I look over and Barton Shimai is pointing to this little trail with super light tire lines and said I think this is it.. We took a trip in the Amazon that day. Battling tall grasses and strings of spider webs. It was great. Super glad I didn't get called to a jungle mission! Then we met with our investigator Kubogami San who said she loves reading books at that she's going to read the BoM in a hour! She's legit! Also we had a team up lesson with Ozawa San and it was the coolest lesson ever. Ebisawa Shimai said everything Ozawa San needed to hear. The spirit was super strong.
 

This week went by too fast and this transfer went by even faster. Transfer calls are tomorrow which blows my mind. I'm going to be a transfer nine which is the transfer Sister Kempner was when she became my trainer. Sooo crazy. Also after Friday my only remaining companions in the mission will be Kuta Shimai and Barton Shimai. Time flies when your having fun. Don't blink you might miss it!

愛してるよ

(I love you)

Sister Zollinger 



We finally decided to go to the chocolate factory last pday! Charlie Bucket has found the golden ticket! But they have these pretty gardens on the side were you can stick your head out of these tiny houses.




It was Wyatt Shimai's Birthday!! We partied hard :)

Also it poured rain for maybe 2 days and one day it was so windy it knocked all the bikes down. But if you look hard enough you can see my bike! Black Betty's still standin' tall!

Made gyoza from scratch, seriously amazing. Dad we're never buying them again!

Lastly found a revolving door and ran through it a few times like a child :) Dendo (missionary work) is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment