Monday, August 15, 2016

It's an email...

On Mondays we eat ice cream... Or maybe everyday but, yes.
Hello everyone! 


How are you doing. Still a little surprised at the fact that mom and dad ate dinner at my companions house. We have the same retainer case from the same orthodontist and the same green journal I got from Nora. The trainer bean game is a little too on point.
 




 

This weeks ponderizing scripture:  2 Nephi 27:30
"And the meek also shall increase, and their joy shall be in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel".
 

I found this scripture a few weeks ago and that it was super cute then was pleased when I refound it this morning! I feel like it describes me perfectly. I don't really consider myself very rich. Or someone with a ton of confidence. But my joy is in The Lord. Through him I can be made strong. And that's something no rich man can buy.
 

This week has been full of miracles, tears, mountains. You know dendo (missinary work).
Hackett Shimai and I biked to the farthest part of our area and literally pinged doors all day. We even pinged an assisted care home but didn't realize that's what it was until the very last house a nice lady informed us. We were wondering why everyone was a little slow. We also got to testimony punch an old man about God and his love. We hit him so hard he had nothing to say at the end but "I like Mormons, but hate religion".   At the end of the day we decided to go see a member. They are the cutest ever. Pictures of temples, prophets, and Jesus all over their house. But they live at the top of literally a mountain. Kinda wish we didn't do the 'butt of fire' work out in the morning.  #gettinfit
 

This week we also got dropped by an investigator that's been meeting with the missionaries for almost two years. It was really hard but in the end she said, "I know where the church is if I want it I'll come. Please go focus on people that will receive your message and want help from God" it was hard to hear but I felt so much love from her and comfort from the spirit I know she'll find her way someday.  

My favorite Udon Shop! Went here maybe every week with Kempy
This week we also got to go to an old folks home and sing like crazies. It was so fun. After this cute old lady ran up between all 8 of us missionaries and took a picture. It was another lady's birthday and she was catching some hard zzzz's the whole time them when we started singing happy birthday to her all the workers panicked to wake her up. She then stayed awake until the end and smiled like crazy. When I shook her hand she freaked out because she forgot to put back in her teeth. Cutest thing of my life.

 

This transfer just started and it already one of my favorites. Hackett Shimai is the best. Laugh until I pee almost everyday. I feel so bad for her because I mix up left and right almost every time. And make us turn around maybe every ten minutes because I realize we're going the wrong way. On the plus side she's learning the area real quick!


 
Odori Zone's only bean, dearest Hackett Shimai had a stellar bean shower! Snacks for days..


I love you all! Have a good week! Jesus loves you!

Sister Zollinger


Woke up at 5 this morning to go to seminary 45 minutes away from the apt, took this right after we made it. Nishida Shimai asked if we matched on purpose. Didn't even notice.


The Zollingers meet the Hacketts!!  Such a fun family!!

2 comments: