Monday, December 19, 2016

Five Transfer in Heaven



Good Morning!
 

Merry Christmas everyone! Wearing my Christmas sweater from last year compliments of Caitlin the master of ugly Christmas sweater finding :)
 

This week has been insane. Completely insane. Don't even remember everything that happened. But it went like this: 
  • played a cello for the first time, killed it
  • sang at ZTM with my beloved Kuta Shimai (first time in 12 transfers I wasn't nervous to preform) thanks for the challenge mom I've successful preformed at least once every transfer!
  • froze our butts off in the armpit of the area successfully finding a delicious bread shop that also sells pretty cakes for ¥100 ($1)
  • Found an NA (non-active) we didn't know existed
  • Dendoed with kubo Shimai for about 4 hours. She meet us at the church and then drove us around to NAs, investigators, and even stopped on the side of the road so we could ping a house with Christmas lights.  It was so fun!
  • Ran so we weren't late to almost every appointment this week. Feeling really fit 💪
  • Got the largest box in my life full of presents from the ward. Yes, socks and chocolate. What more could a girl want?
  • Annnd I went to my last Ward Council in Kotoni!

Which made me think of my five transfers here. I'm been working with the members here longer than any missionary I've worked with. Realized that yesterday. I love them all soooo much though!
 

  • Transfer 1: Barton Shimai-Temple Open House, getting lost in the "Amazon". Getting filmed for a church video, using ice packs to cool ourselves off during MS because it's so hot, and miracles everyday
  • Transfer 2 & 3: Hackett Shimai-my bean! Seriously laughed so hard I peed almost everyday, got lice, she got lost, and hit by a car, and we saw miracles everyday.
  • Transfer 4 & now: Oka Shimai-running everyday, slipping on ice, sing Christmas songs to everyone, and still seeing miracles everyday.
I love DENDO! Something I realized a while ago. If you let it, life gets better everyday. Because your older, wiser, and better than you were the day before. You know more about your Savior. You've studied deeper than you ever have before. Drew closer to your Father through prayer. Life will keep getting better forever. Come what may and love it!
 

I love you all!
 

D&C 117:13
"When he falls he shall rise again, for his sacrifice shall be more sacred unto me than his increase, saith the Lord".

 

When you fall, remember who's child you are. That no matter what you do, if it's for him you will be blessed.
 

I love you!
Sister Zollinger


Presents from the Kotoni ward

our humble tree :) compliments of Takeya Shimai

Kuta Shimai and Zollinger Shimai

Snow piles at the church.

And cello...

No comments:

Post a Comment